Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Top 5 News Sources

 


I never been a big person on keeping up with the news. In recent years however, I feel I've become more aware of what's going on around me. As a member of Gen Z, I feel older generations consistently argue about what's going on in the news and biases which has therefore turned me more and more away from consuming it. 


1. Google News
Google news was developed in 2022 by Google itself, to help bring unbiased news to all people. I really enjoy google news because I feel it does do what it was built to. Especially for younger generations who don't really lean a certain way or aren't sure how they believe its a great source to use.











2. Instagram

Instagram is a social media site where accounts can post whatever they like under guidelines. Currently it is under META ran by facebooks creator Mark Zuckerberg. I feel in this day I collect a good amount of pop culture news from instagram rather than political however almost every news site utilizes their instagram page. If someone reposts something going on in the world, I usually find out from the news accounts post rather than the website itself. 




3. Tik Tok

I find myself gaining most of my information about anything going on whether it be sports or political from Tik Tok.  Tik Tok is a social media site where you can post 30 second to 10 minute videos of anything you want. It launched by ByteDance in 2016, it gained huge popularity in the US in 2020 during the start of the pandemic. It's very easy to find biased media on Tik Tok, however there's so much content of news being made that middle grounds as usually sorted through.  


4. ESPN

ESPN is the largest sports network and app in the US, starting in 1979. ESPN is where I gain primarily all my news about sports, as well as streaming them as well. I lean more towards sites and apps like this because even though it is sports, I feel it's one of the only news networks that don't contain some bias to it.

5. Spotify


 Spotify was founded in 2006 and is a streaming platform for music, auto books and podcast. I find myself consuming a large amount of podcast on Spotify and is one of the main reasons I downloaded it. One of the main ones I listen to is the Global News Podcast hosted by the BBC World Service. It's a great source to find out what is going on around the world. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post: The Dark Side of Modern Technology and Social Media

Technology has had the biggest impact in my life, as well as the world. While I believe technology has had a greater positive than negative ...